Browse the Site
Sharing the Vision
The SADC is a non-profit economic development corporation formed under the Texas Development Corporation Act of 1979. As directed by this Act, the Corporation’s focuses its efforts on the promotion and development of business enterprises that create or retain primary jobs.
Primary jobs are defined as those positions currently held by employees at local companies such as Multi-Chem Group LLC, Hirschfeld Industries LP, Gandy Ink and Aermotor Windmill Company, Inc. These type companies create or sell a product or service that is ultimately exported to regional, statewide, national, or international markets. The result is a greater demand for locally consumed goods and services and the creation of new job opportunities in retail services, suppliers and professional services such as attorneys, contractors, educators and physicians. Capitalizing on a wide array of goods and services and a diverse business mix is what ensures long term economic sustainability for both San Angelo and the region.
The Corporation acts as the economic development arm of the City of San Angelo and therefore strives to develop strategies and policies which align with the vision established by the San Angelo City Council.
San Angelo City Council
As a way to ensure this shared vision, the Corporation and City Council recognize the following key components in their business and recruitment efforts:
- Increase partnerships with institutions of higher learning to retain and attract an educate workforce.
- Incorporate better coordination between all taxing entities related to incentives and advocacy on common issues.
- Promote increased business development opportunities at San Angelo Regional Airport.
- Continually review the cost of doing business in San Angelo.
- Capitalize on alternative transportation modes.
- Develop a strategic plan for industry recruitment to match assets to emerging industries.
- Adequately maintain infrastructure
“The communities that prosper will be those that develop strategies to create resilient local economies that make the unique strengths of their people and their place a source of competitive advantage.”
The City of San Angelo Development Corporation working with economic development partners will retain, strengthen and diversify the job base of the community to ensure a vibrant business climate for San Angelo and the region.